|A2||Lokaðu Augunum (Dyad 1909 Version)|
|A4||Við Vorum Smá... (Dyad 1909 Version)|
- Manufactured By – The Vinyl Specialist Company Ltd.
- Pressed By – GZ Digital Media – 84658F
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A): 84658 F1 / A TVS WWW.THEVINYLSPECIALIST.CO.UK
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B): 84658 F2 / B TVS WWW.THEVINYLSPECIALIST.CO.UK
- Barcode (On Sealed Shrink-wrap): 4 050486 010747
- Barcode (String): 4050486010747
Olafur Arnalds - Dyad 1909 EP
An early EP by Olafur Arnalds, Dyad 1909 was commissioned by Wayne Macgregor, head of the Royal Ballet in the United Kingdom and founder of Random Dance (considered by many to be the leading modern dance company on the planet). Wayne and QC seem to share very similar taste in music as his works often involve our favorite musicians and often end with them producing their finest works. Max Richter’s 'Infra' & 'Woolf Works' for example or ATOMOS by A Winged Victory for the Sullen & Talbot and Deru’s “Genus” to name but a few, each of which is on my rather small list of flawless LP’s.
Sometimes I find it a difficult task to connect Wayne’s ideas to the ideas behind the music. In this case, the piece pertains to Antarctica and the trials and tribulations faced in attempts to conquer its frozen desolate wastelands. Dyad 1909 however musically expresses this idea perfectly. This may say more about the subject matter however then Olafurs skill at interpreting the said subject.
To any composer or ambient producer Antartica is an easy idea to musically reflect,